Updated: February 14, 2020
THE GREEN HORNET ORIGINAL MOVIE HERO BLACK BEAUTY
THIS CAR IS:
1. The first Black Beauty made for The Green Hornet movie.
2. The hero car used for exterior shots and interior close-ups.
3. The only Black Beauty with most of its interior intact.
4. The only Black Beauty with its original Chrysler engine intact. (documentation will be provided to buyer.)
5. The only one with a revolving license plate: California plate HERO CAR on one side and a black plate with a picture of The Green Hornet on the other side. (Mechanism controlled by a keychain remote).
6. This car has "Butterfly" Doors, which means the front door opens like a "Suicide door"while the rear doors open the conventional way. This was very difficult to construct as seen in the interview on the Jay Leno video. The front doors open electrically with an "almost" invisible push button and the rear doors open with the same hidden button but need to be pushed down.
7.This car has never been crashed, shot up, etc. It was made to be the "Beauty" car.
8. The trunk of this Black Beauty is finished off with an incredible stereo system with large speakers on the rear deck which reflect off mirrors on the inside of the trunk lid. The base of the trunk is finished with an embossed leather cover, custom fitted to fit around the trunk base, which is embossed with THE GREEN HORNET plus an embossed hornet to the left. All of this was built by the movie car company. As expected, Sony Pictures used Sony equipment.
This car will cause people to stop their car in the middle of the street and jump out to take pics. This car will cause tour buses to pull over and let people out to take photos.
Whatever anyone has to say about their car......just ask them if they have:
*machine guns on the hood?
*12 stinger missiles in the bumpers?
*flame thrower in the grill?
*shotguns in the light bezels?
etc. etc. etc.
...we don't think there will be much to talk about after that.
This item was up for auction on eBay on June 1, 2013 and starting asking price is., $189,000!