Updated: November 28, 2013
2010-06-12 - PROFILES IN HISTORY AUCTION 40
I had the pleasure of attending the 3rd day of the Profiles in History (http://www.profilesinhistory.com/) Auction 40. This was the first show I've ever attended and it was a lot of fun. After arriving, we were able to go look at the items that had been sold during the previous 2 days and the items for sale today. Day 3 was all about Star Trek, but as you can see from the images, I was able to view some of our favorite Lost in Space items. Most notably:
- lot 669. Original hero Jupiter 2 Space Pod filming miniature from Lost in Space which sold for $85,000
- lot 670. Original John Chambers-created "Miss Fishtail" alien mask from Lost in Space which sold for $2,000
- lot 671. Prop flashlight from Lost in Space which sold for $1,100
- lot 672. Lost in Space Final Draft script signed by six cast member which sold for $2,500
- lot 673. Angela Cartwright "Penny Robinson" First Season space suit with gloves from Lost in Space which sold for $20,000
- lot 674. Original screen used hero "John Robinson" illuminating Laser Rifle from Lost in Space TV series which sold for $70,000
- lot 675. Lost in Space blueprints of Jupiter II and Robot which sold for $9,500
Congratulation to all those that now own a piece of our exciting history. I hope you give everyone a chance to see these items in the future.
Also, a couple of surprises. Based on price, the following items blew me away:
- Lot 752. The Orville Goldner Production Art Archive and Biplane Filming miniature from King Kong which sold for $190,000
- Lot 805. Margaret Hamilton screen-worn "Wicked Witch of the West" hat from The Wizard of Oz which sold for $200,000
- Lot 832. Marilyn Monroe pink satin gown from the "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" number in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes which sold for $310,000
And don't forget these prices don't include the 18% buyer premium and sales tax!